The Tech Zero commitments are ambitious, but achievable. We won’t hide our challenges on our way to achieving our ambitious targets, and we’ll make sure we’re making progress with rigorous accountability. What we’re doing needs to be impactful and verifiable and it’s important that we don’t take the easy way out and leave difficult changes until last.
- Publish more details about how they plan to reach net zero by the end of 2021, or within a year of joining Tech Zero, including setting a net zero target date, and an interim target(s).
- Appoint a member of the executive team to be responsible and accountable for their net zero target.
- Communicate climate commitments in other meaningful ways, including to customers.
- Report progress on short and medium term targets to their Board annually, and on their website.
- Once you’ve joined, publish the Tech Zero commitments on your website. If you already have a net zero target, add it in.
Companies who join Tech Zero commit to measure their scope 1-3 emissions and set an ambitious net zero target by the end of 2021. They also commit to:
Companies with less than 250 employees commit to halving their emissions by 2030, reaching net zero by 2050, and reporting on progress every year, in line with the SME Climate Hub.
We have to act now to protect our planet
Climate science shows that we all need to act now to keep global warming to below 1.5°C - the critical level of heating to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis.
Gain a competitive advantage
Consumers, investors, shareholders and employees are increasingly demanding businesses act responsibly and have ambitious climate action plans.
Grow your business
Be recognised as a climate leader. Being part of this network offers far reaching collaborative and networking opportunities to support you on your journey to net zero.
The Tech Zero taskforce is a group of fast-growing UK tech companies, working together to accelerate progress to net zero.