Tech Zero Commitments
The Tech Zero commitments are ambitious, but achievable. We won’t hide our challenges on our way to achieving our ambitious targets, and we’ll make sure we’re making progress with rigorous accountability. What we’re doing needs to be impactful and verifiable and it’s important that we don’t take the easy way out and leave difficult changes until last. If you’re a business with less than 250 employees, we encourage you to commit to halving your emissions by 2030, reaching net zero by 2050, and reporting on progress every year, in line with the SME Climate Hub.
- Annually measure and publish all scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas emissions.
- Publish more details about how they plan to reach net zero within a year of joining Tech Zero, including setting a net zero target date, and short-term targets for the next 12 months, 2-3 years, and by 2030. Individual company plans should aim to halve emissions by 2030 across all scopes.
- Appoint a member of the executive team to be responsible and accountable for their net zero target.
- Communicate climate commitments in other meaningful ways, including to customers.
- Report progress on short and medium term targets to their Board annually, and on their website.
Companies who join Tech Zero commit to measure their scope 1-3 emissions and set an ambitious net zero target within a year of joining.
Companies also commit to:
We have to act now to protect our planet
Climate science shows that we all need to act now to keep global warming to below 1.5°C - the critical level of heating to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis.
Gain a competitive advantage
Consumers, investors, shareholders and employees are increasingly demanding businesses act responsibly and have ambitious climate action plans.
Grow your business
Be recognised as a climate leader. Being part of this network offers far reaching collaborative and networking opportunities to support you on your journey to net zero.
The Tech Zero taskforce is a group of tech companies, working together to accelerate progress to net zero.