You can join here. To join Tech Zero you'll need to sign up to the Tech Zero commitments, and report annually on your progress.
Companies who join Tech Zero commit to measure their scope 1-3 emissions and set an ambitious net zero target within a year of joining.
Companies also commit to:
- Annually measure and publish all scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas emissions.
- Publish their net zero action plan within a year of joining Tech Zero. This plan should include a net zero target date, and interim targets (targets between now and your net zero date, usually in 5-year intervals). Individual company plans should aim to halve emissions by 2030 across all scopes.
- Appoint a member of the executive team to be responsible and accountable for their net zero target.
- Communicate climate commitments in other meaningful ways, including to customers.
- Report progress on short and medium term targets to their Board annually, and on their website.
Companies with less than 250 employees commit to halving their emissions by 2030, reaching net zero by 2050, and reporting on progress every year, in line with the SME Climate Hub.
Our founding members are all innovative companies who use technology to solve problems. We know technology is a wide-ranging term, so the most important thing is that you make the Tech Zero commitments, take action and report on your progress every year.
We know it can be difficult to know where to start. So we've created the Tech Zero toolkit, which demystifies climate jargon and makes it easy for companies of all sizes to set a net zero plan. You can download it here.
If you're a software company, Tech Zero member Supercritical can help you make an actionable plan to reduce your carbon emissions. Before and throughout COP26, they’ll throw in a 50-75% discount on measuring your emissions, too!
We recommend you use the greenhouse gas protocol. We’ve explained all of this and more in our Tech Zero toolkit.
There are many tools you can use to measure your carbon emissions. We recommend getting in touch with Supercritical. Not only will you get a discount on the measurement fee until the end of COP26 - they’ll also put this fee toward carbon removals.
There are several ways of measuring your emissions, but to join Tech Zero you'll need to measure all of your emissions, including scope 3.
We've explained all of this and more in our Tech Zero toolkit.
All companies are publishing their net zero targets on their own websites.
We know that companies are at different stages of their net zero journey, and that technology companies work across very different industries. If we're to make progress, we need net zero targets to be meaningful and achievable.
We've focused on measurement, accountability and reporting, as these aspects are often missing from big net zero commitments. And we're making it easy for tech companies of all sizes to set a net zero plan, with our Tech Zero toolkit.
Once you've signed up and made your commitments, and we have received your details we'll send a welcome pack which includes details of how to publish your commitments on your website.
We'll also send logos and social media assets.